Changes to WIC Program
Help Families by Promoting WIC Services
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has reached out for assistance in promoting the Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) program to families in your communities. Many families are experiencing financial hardship and the WIC program can offer assistance.
Here are a few updates on the WIC program right now:
WHAT IS WIC?
- WIC provides healthy food, nutrition education, and a community of support to income-eligible pregnant women, moms of infants, and children up to 5 years old.
- Families can apply for WIC by visiting signupwic.com to find the phone number of a nearby WIC office.
- WIC helps many families as the income guidelines are generous.
IS WIC STILL AVAILABLE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC?
- Nebraska WIC is still helping families get healthy foods during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- WIC offices no longer require in-person visits at this time.
- Even if a change in income is only temporary, many families may still qualify for the program.
Submit a Comment